Your 1st step in marble travertine Installation should be to seek the advice from licensed, insured professional.
The company you choose should have marble and travertine (natural stone) installation expertise
Always remember don’t to check their customer ratings it will guide you.
If possible a reference/referral from a friend or neighbor with a good experience can be so priceless.
Regardless of how you approach the project do your research.
The same applies if you want to do your own installation, below are general steps further research should be done before beginning the project and more detailed information needs be obtained before laying natural stone tiles.
Floor Tile Installation
1. Always protect your lungs, hands and eyes as you install your marble tiles.
2. Use gloves, face mask and protective goggles.
3. Remove all tiles that are already installed.
4. Clean and dry floor before you start installation.
5. Use the longest level you can find and level the floor.
6. Sand bumps and fill holes with thin-set cement make sure it dries.
7. Lay a plywood if the floor is still not even.
8. Check for change in height, no more than ¼ inch or 6 mm with distance of 10 feet or 3 mm.
9. Use your finger nails to check for cracks or irregularities on the surface of the tile, If there is a crack don’t use it will break during the installation.
Floor Tile Installation
10. Take measurements, layout on paper, decide on the pattern of layout and draw the pattern to scale.
11. Try not to cut tiles if possible leave full-sized, keep strips 2 inches (5 cm) wide and long.
12. Measure the center of the room and light mark with a pencil.
13. Do a dry-run by placing your tiles within the grid before actually laying them.
14. Add a layer of thin-set adhesive on the floor with a notched trowel.
15. Lay stone tile us marble tiles firmly in the thin-set adhesive.
16. Use spacers to position the marble tiles.
17. Use level to check the tiles.
18. Take measurements of any partial tiles needed
19. To fit in the edges along the walls or odd spaces, use a wet saw to cut the tiles and prevent cracking.
20. Leave tiles 24-48 hours to allow for complete drying completely.
Floor Tile Installation
21. Seal the marble.
22. Use grout, or mortar, to fill in spaces between the tiles.
23. Use a moist sponge to dampen the spaces between the tiles.
24. Then fill spaces with cement.
25. Push it into the spaces to create a tight fight.
26. Clean any grout on top of the tiles as you go while still damp.
27. Squeegee is use to spread out the grout.
28. Wipe down the tile surface with a clean sponge
29. Let the grout to dry.
30. Then Seal the grout.
Natural Stone Care – never use any harsh cleaning chemicals on travertine tile as the stain can become worse or set on the tile.
Keep the natural tiles clean, by using a dry, clean dust mop.
Do not use any abrasive chemicals or a vacuum cleaner as those may stain and/or scratch the surface of the travertine Tile .
StoneTech Professional Revitalizer Cleaner and Protector by DuPont is one of the suggested cleaners for travertine .
Pressure washing is sometimes needed for deep cleaning from tree and plant debris or in areas that collect a lot of water and get stained.
Salt water pool,require your travertine be sealed with a water-repellent salt water sealer, and it’s better if applied before installing, to ensure that the entire paver is protected and not just the surface.
Here are a few products that can be used for Natural Stone cleaning:
KlenzAll heavy duty alkaline cleaner and degreaser
Oil and Stain Remover
Revitalizer cleaner & protector
BulletProof – sealer
Impregnator pro – sealer
Natural Stone Care
Natural stones such as travertine, marble, granite, etc. are porous materials which means they are absorbent making them prone to stains. At the same time, that characteristic also means that stains can be easily removed. When you notice a stain, clean it as soon as possible for better results.
All you need to do is to “lift” the stain by using a product called Stone Pro Deep Clean Gel which is sold at retail stores.
If that fails, it means that the stain is embedded in your tile. In that case, you can use Stone Pro Wet Poultice Stain Remover that is a ready-to-use paste which does not requires mixing or measuring.
Shower Tile In addition to floors your bathroom could always use a new vanity for an inexpensive face lift!
Modern Double bathroom vanities come in: contemporary,wall-mount,Floating, Classic, Antiqueor a modern free standing Bathroom Vanity. You have a variety of double bathroom vanities to meet your needs.
A wide variety of bathroom vanities are available in these Canadian locations: Home Depot, Lowes, Costco, Ikea, overstock.com, Wayfair.com, Vanities Miami, and allmodern.com.
Great modern bathroom vanities and sink cabinets bathroom are offered at Atlantic Vanity Source! Visit our Facebook page for updates. Atlantic Vanity Source can supply your modern bathroom vanity needs with ample storage for all your everyday needs. It is the anchor for your sink and mirror.
Install Travertine Tile Mosaic Accent Plus Boarder
Install Travertine Tile Mosaic Accent
Travertine Tile Install Mosaic Accent Plus Boarder
Custom shower mosaic accent with border along with custom built in.
Mosaic tile accent with boarderare curved on all sides, giving them the ability to fit together with a seamless finish. Multiple uses floors, walls, back splashes, kitchen, and bathroom. It is a technique used to create interior or artistic design.
Stone Tile US best selection of Natural Stone. Elegant and beautiful veining that’s hard to beat. Our quarries are located in Turkey. We provide brushed, honed, polished and chiseled finishes. We carry Volakas in various shades of white from mountains in north Greece and Crema Marfil of Valencia in south eastern Spain, our Crema Unica was featured in season 4 of Vanilla Ice Project.
Is a calcareous rock deposited from mineral springs.
It is a natural material that is formed by a process of rapid precipitation of calcium carbonate.
Typically the color is light, but it also comes in many varied colors such as yellow, brown, and tan.
Construction industry and architects have used it for decades. The Romans used it on their buildings and the Coliseum was almost completely built of travertine.
Travertine Tile is still favored for construction. It can be used for many applications such as floors, walls, kitchen backsplash and counters, and decorative accents.
Stone Tile Us natural stone can be used on: patios, pools, decks, bathroom, living rooms , other rooms, kitchen and more.
We offer free samples. Our premium quality stone direct from our factory will save you money.
Stone Tile Us has a large variety of natural stones.
We offer Travertine Tiles in the following sizes: 12″X24″, 18″X18″, 24″X24″
Finishes are: Tumbled, Honed and Filled, French Pattern Tumbled & Brushed and Chiseled.
Honed and Filled has a smooth and dull appearance . Also, has different degrees of dullness.
Polished stone is buffed to the most refined and highest level with a natural high shine.
Brushed and Chiseled : Is smooth surface and also Rustic edges.
Tumbled: Edges are rustic but less than chiseled finish.
Cleaners specifically made for natural stone or mild detergent be used clean surfaces.
Do not use vinegar, lemon juice, or any acid cleaner on travertine surfaces abrasive cleaners will affect the natural beauty.
Has three grades:
1. Premium which has a small amount of filler
2. Standard more filler
3. Commercial has lots of filler.
Cut types are:
Vein Cut: Blocks are cut in vertical coats. Please review our Vein cut Polished Travertine Tile 12×24 Polished.
Cross Cut: Travertine blocks are extracted and and then cut in parallel coats.
Travertine is very strong and durable, great for outdoor use, and though expensive can increase the value of your property because of the quality.
Strong enough for outside and beautiful to use indoors.
Marble is a great option for tile flooring and cappuccino is especially warm. It contains blends of warm beige, there are also richer shades of light browns and cream. Choose our Cappuccino marble for your tile flooring, your home will embrace you with the warm rich shades of brown, cream and beige when you enter. Just as comforting as a warm cup of cappuccino every time you step into a room. You’ll be getting the best from the best.Feel free to take a look at our great selection of quality tile flooring.
What exactly is tile flooring?
It is a flat piece of hard clay, stone, or other material that is used for covering walls and floors.
It is also used for covering the roof usually in the form of a curved piece of hard clay.
Floor is the part of a room on which you stand, area of ground below your feet. Tile flooring is then the tile you place on the floor of your home or business. At Stone Tile US we have great floor decor ideas!
You can tile over tile, hardwood, and vinyl. However, to avoid issues we don’t recommend it and it is not most effective practice.