Your 1st step in marble travertine Installation should be to seek the advice from licensed, insured professional.
The company you choose should have marble and travertine (natural stone) installation expertise
Always remember don’t to check their customer ratings it will guide you.
If possible a reference/referral from a friend or neighbor with a good experience can be so priceless.
Regardless of how you approach the project do your research.
The same applies if you want to do your own installation, below are general steps further research should be done before beginning the project and more detailed information needs be obtained before laying natural stone tiles.
Floor Tile Installation
1. Always protect your lungs, hands and eyes as you install your marble tiles.
2. Use gloves, face mask and protective goggles.
3. Remove all tiles that are already installed.
4. Clean and dry floor before you start installation.
5. Use the longest level you can find and level the floor.
6. Sand bumps and fill holes with thin-set cement make sure it dries.
7. Lay a plywood if the floor is still not even.
8. Check for change in height, no more than ¼ inch or 6 mm with distance of 10 feet or 3 mm.
9. Use your finger nails to check for cracks or irregularities on the surface of the tile, If there is a crack don’t use it will break during the installation.
Floor Tile Installation
10. Take measurements, layout on paper, decide on the pattern of layout and draw the pattern to scale.
11. Try not to cut tiles if possible leave full-sized, keep strips 2 inches (5 cm) wide and long.
12. Measure the center of the room and light mark with a pencil.
13. Do a dry-run by placing your tiles within the grid before actually laying them.
14. Add a layer of thin-set adhesive on the floor with a notched trowel.
15. Lay stone tile us marble tiles firmly in the thin-set adhesive.
16. Use spacers to position the marble tiles.
17. Use level to check the tiles.
18. Take measurements of any partial tiles needed
19. To fit in the edges along the walls or odd spaces, use a wet saw to cut the tiles and prevent cracking.
20. Leave tiles 24-48 hours to allow for complete drying completely.
Floor Tile Installation
21. Seal the marble.
22. Use grout, or mortar, to fill in spaces between the tiles.
23. Use a moist sponge to dampen the spaces between the tiles.
24. Then fill spaces with cement.
25. Push it into the spaces to create a tight fight.
26. Clean any grout on top of the tiles as you go while still damp.
27. Squeegee is use to spread out the grout.
28. Wipe down the tile surface with a clean sponge
29. Let the grout to dry.
30. Then Seal the grout.
Natural Stone Care – never use any harsh cleaning chemicals on travertine tile as the stain can become worse or set on the tile.
Keep the natural tiles clean, by using a dry, clean dust mop.
Do not use any abrasive chemicals or a vacuum cleaner as those may stain and/or scratch the surface of the travertine Tile .
StoneTech Professional Revitalizer Cleaner and Protector by DuPont is one of the suggested cleaners for travertine .
Pressure washing is sometimes needed for deep cleaning from tree and plant debris or in areas that collect a lot of water and get stained.
Salt water pool,require your travertine be sealed with a water-repellent salt water sealer, and it’s better if applied before installing, to ensure that the entire paver is protected and not just the surface.
Here are a few products that can be used for Natural Stone cleaning:
KlenzAll heavy duty alkaline cleaner and degreaser
Oil and Stain Remover
Revitalizer cleaner & protector
BulletProof – sealer
Impregnator pro – sealer
Natural Stone Care
Natural stones such as travertine, marble, granite, etc. are porous materials which means they are absorbent making them prone to stains. At the same time, that characteristic also means that stains can be easily removed. When you notice a stain, clean it as soon as possible for better results.
All you need to do is to “lift” the stain by using a product called Stone Pro Deep Clean Gel which is sold at retail stores.
If that fails, it means that the stain is embedded in your tile. In that case, you can use Stone Pro Wet Poultice Stain Remover that is a ready-to-use paste which does not requires mixing or measuring.
Shower Tile In addition to floors your bathroom could always use a new vanity for an inexpensive face lift!
Modern Double bathroom vanities come in: contemporary,wall-mount,Floating, Classic, Antiqueor a modern free standing Bathroom Vanity. You have a variety of double bathroom vanities to meet your needs.
A wide variety of bathroom vanities are available in these Canadian locations: Home Depot, Lowes, Costco, Ikea, overstock.com, Wayfair.com, Vanities Miami, and allmodern.com.
Great modern bathroom vanities and sink cabinets bathroom are offered at Atlantic Vanity Source! Visit our Facebook page for updates. Atlantic Vanity Source can supply your modern bathroom vanity needs with ample storage for all your everyday needs. It is the anchor for your sink and mirror.
Install Travertine Tile Mosaic Accent Plus Boarder
Install Travertine Tile Mosaic Accent
Travertine Tile Install Mosaic Accent Plus Boarder
Custom shower mosaic accent with border along with custom built in.
Mosaic tile accent with boarderare curved on all sides, giving them the ability to fit together with a seamless finish. Multiple uses floors, walls, back splashes, kitchen, and bathroom. It is a technique used to create interior or artistic design.
Stone Tile US best selection of Natural Stone. Elegant and beautiful veining that’s hard to beat. Our quarries are located in Turkey. We provide brushed, honed, polished and chiseled finishes. We carry Volakas in various shades of white from mountains in north Greece and Crema Marfil of Valencia in south eastern Spain, our Crema Unica was featured in season 4 of Vanilla Ice Project.
Choose your project tile
Multiply length x width of the room
Plan before you start this kind of project will take time.
Mask doorway with plastic, keep windows open,
and have fan blow dust outside.
Remove old tile
Hammer and chisel will break up a small area of tiles
Floor scraper to remove old thinset
What type of floor will be installed
Do any needed repair to the subfloor
Install tile membrane
check that tile will fit under doorjambs and doors
Mix thinset mortar follow directions
Apply the mortar to the subfloor using a trowel
Roll membrane over floor, the fleece side is down, press into mortar with wood float
Seal all junctions with KERDI-BAND
Mark walls to form a cross make sure that it’s square
If the layout gives you thin cuts at the sides, adjust the layout to get wider cuts, mark new reference lines
When working with large rooms, make a grid of three foot squares and work in smaller sections.
We offer copings in travertine and marble with various sizes ranging from: 4×9, 6×12, 12×12, 12×24 to 16×14.
They match beautifully with our pavers for a professional finish! Pool coping in natural stone comes with the convenience of high quality and easy installation. They have a tumbled surface, and this makes them ideal for pool edging and stair treads.
Choose coping based on the size and shape of your pool.
Straight edge pools use: 12”x12” and 12”x24”.
Semicircle and rounded pools use: 4”x8” and 6”x12”
Lay it in a pattern that will be a perfect fit for your pools shape
A diamond blade saw can be used to cut pavers to your desired shape (sand the edges if cutting was needed)
1” mortar with flexBond to complete the process
Stone Tile US Fall Event 2016 inviting all wholesalers to enjoy our autumn sale!
Wholesalers provide service and products to the commercial, architectural and designer community.They work with homeowners, whether you’re building a new home, adding on or renovating wholesalers have ideas and answers that will add value, beauty and pleasure to any home.
Stone Tile US Fall Event 2016 inviting all wholesalers to enjoy our autumn sale.
We are offering the best selection of natural stone at great savings.
Closeout items are available to wholesalers so you can get started your projects.