Your 1st step in marble travertine Installation should be to seek the advice from licensed, insured professional.
The company you choose should have marble and travertine (natural stone) installation expertise
Always remember don’t to check their customer ratings it will guide you.
If possible a reference/referral from a friend or neighbor with a good experience can be so priceless.
Regardless of how you approach the project do your research.
The same applies if you want to do your own installation, below are general steps further research should be done before beginning the project and more detailed information needs be obtained before laying natural stone tiles.
Floor Tile Installation
1. Always protect your lungs, hands and eyes as you install your marble tiles.
2. Use gloves, face mask and protective goggles.
3. Remove all tiles that are already installed.
4. Clean and dry floor before you start installation.
5. Use the longest level you can find and level the floor.
6. Sand bumps and fill holes with thin-set cement make sure it dries.
7. Lay a plywood if the floor is still not even.
8. Check for change in height, no more than ¼ inch or 6 mm with distance of 10 feet or 3 mm.
9. Use your finger nails to check for cracks or irregularities on the surface of the tile, If there is a crack don’t use it will break during the installation.
Floor Tile Installation
10. Take measurements, layout on paper, decide on the pattern of layout and draw the pattern to scale.
11. Try not to cut tiles if possible leave full-sized, keep strips 2 inches (5 cm) wide and long.
12. Measure the center of the room and light mark with a pencil.
13. Do a dry-run by placing your tiles within the grid before actually laying them.
14. Add a layer of thin-set adhesive on the floor with a notched trowel.
15. Lay stone tile us marble tiles firmly in the thin-set adhesive.
16. Use spacers to position the marble tiles.
17. Use level to check the tiles.
18. Take measurements of any partial tiles needed
19. To fit in the edges along the walls or odd spaces, use a wet saw to cut the tiles and prevent cracking.
20. Leave tiles 24-48 hours to allow for complete drying completely.
Floor Tile Installation
21. Seal the marble.
22. Use grout, or mortar, to fill in spaces between the tiles.
23. Use a moist sponge to dampen the spaces between the tiles.
24. Then fill spaces with cement.
25. Push it into the spaces to create a tight fight.
26. Clean any grout on top of the tiles as you go while still damp.
27. Squeegee is use to spread out the grout.
28. Wipe down the tile surface with a clean sponge
29. Let the grout to dry.
30. Then Seal the grout.
Natural Stone Care – never use any harsh cleaning chemicals on travertine tile as the stain can become worse or set on the tile.
Keep the natural tiles clean, by using a dry, clean dust mop.
Do not use any abrasive chemicals or a vacuum cleaner as those may stain and/or scratch the surface of the travertine Tile .
StoneTech Professional Revitalizer Cleaner and Protector by DuPont is one of the suggested cleaners for travertine .
Pressure washing is sometimes needed for deep cleaning from tree and plant debris or in areas that collect a lot of water and get stained.
Salt water pool,require your travertine be sealed with a water-repellent salt water sealer, and it’s better if applied before installing, to ensure that the entire paver is protected and not just the surface.
Here are a few products that can be used for Natural Stone cleaning:
KlenzAll heavy duty alkaline cleaner and degreaser
Oil and Stain Remover
Revitalizer cleaner & protector
BulletProof – sealer
Impregnator pro – sealer
Natural Stone Care
Natural stones such as travertine, marble, granite, etc. are porous materials which means they are absorbent making them prone to stains. At the same time, that characteristic also means that stains can be easily removed. When you notice a stain, clean it as soon as possible for better results.
All you need to do is to “lift” the stain by using a product called Stone Pro Deep Clean Gel which is sold at retail stores.
If that fails, it means that the stain is embedded in your tile. In that case, you can use Stone Pro Wet Poultice Stain Remover that is a ready-to-use paste which does not requires mixing or measuring.
Wayfair has a beautiful selection of area rugs that will personalize and accent your natural stone floor adding a layer of warmth and uniqueness to your space. Choosing a neutral color cream or taupe allows you the flexibility to use an accent rug with any floor pattern and incorporate it with most designs. Patterns on the rug can add a sense of style and movement without interfering with your color palette.
The Henderson Beige Area Rug by Alcott Hill gets great reviews from their customers:
“A great purchase and a great price”
“This rug is so comfortable and soft and just plain gorgeous”
“The main reason I love this rug is that it does not show dog hair”
The suggestion is to purchase a rug based on the shape of your room and make sure your rug is not hidden by furniture.
Wayfair has lots of rug options and wool or cotton is suggested for high traffic areas based on the durability of these materials. If you need help choosing an area rug take a look at Wayfair’s guide.
Marble is a great option for tile flooring and cappuccino is especially warm. It contains blends of warm beige, there are also richer shades of light browns and cream. Choose our Cappuccino marble for your tile flooring, your home will embrace you with the warm rich shades of brown, cream and beige when you enter. Just as comforting as a warm cup of cappuccino every time you step into a room. You’ll be getting the best from the best.Feel free to take a look at our great selection of quality tile flooring.
What exactly is tile flooring?
It is a flat piece of hard clay, stone, or other material that is used for covering walls and floors.
It is also used for covering the roof usually in the form of a curved piece of hard clay.
Floor is the part of a room on which you stand, area of ground below your feet. Tile flooring is then the tile you place on the floor of your home or business. At Stone Tile US we have great floor decor ideas!
You can tile over tile, hardwood, and vinyl. However, to avoid issues we don’t recommend it and it is not most effective practice.
What exactly is tile flooring? It is a flat piece of hard clay, stone, or other material that is used for covering walls and floors. Floor is the part of a room on which you stand, area of ground below your feet. Tile is what you place on the floor of your home or business. At Stone Tile US we have great floor decor ideas!
Marble is a great option and cappuccino for flooring is especially inviting. There are blends of warm beige, there are also richer shades of light browns and cream. Your home will embrace you with the warm rich shades of brown, cream and beige when you enter. Just as comforting as a warm cup of cappuccino every time you step into a room. Feel free to take a look at our great selection of quality tile flooring.
Stone Tile Us natural stone is perfect for your flooring needs. We have shades ranging from warm beige to cool whites and everything between. There are also richer shades of light browns and pinks. Choose our marble, limestone, travertine and so much more for your floor, back splash, accents and paver needs. You’ll feel the warmth of a sunny summer day or the comfort of a candlelit romantic evening every time you step into your home. Get the best from the best. Feel free to take a look at our great selection of quality tile flooring.